Monday, March 18, 2013

Works of a Leader

A leader can be found within anyone. I believe that anyone can lead a team, as long as it is in the right field and with the right team. I have found that different people are going to lead in different scenarios. Whether you are playing a game, doing a project for class, or managing employees at work, a leader can be brought out of anyone. Of course certain people are more prone to be leaders. While I usually don't consider myself a leader because normally I consider myself having less experience than my teammates. However, I find myself more and more leading the team at work. Even other coworkers who have worked there longer and have more experience look up to me. So much of developing the leadership in a situation is developing a comfort and analyzing the environment.
The article on leadership talked about a leader being on a balcony, watching over their team. That is a great metaphor for saying that people have to take a look at the bigger picture. People get too caught up in the action that they forget to realize the scope of the project. A great leader has to be aware of this and always need to have the big picture in mind. I think they also need to pull their team to that view from time to time so the rest of the team does not lose focus on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment