Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Deceptive Outcomes


I think the reason many people get discouraged is because of false outcomes. Setting goals for yourself is a great and powerful tool to accomplish what you want. The trick is setting a reasonable goal which you can actually achieve. Know yourself when it comes to setting goals. While pushing your motivation to achieve them is a great way to earn what you desire, do not expect more than you will actually do. I have seen multiple times where my roommate has set a goal to work out with me to get back in shape. After several attempts to get him to work out, and many rejections, I have learned that he just doesn't have the motivation needed. The desire needs to out way the hinders. You will get what you put into it. Do not expect to get into shape by doing 10 push-ups a week and continue to eat unhealthily. What you pay is what you get. If you are motivated enough to do the right work to achieve the results, then pursue it. The best way to do this is to self-evaluate, make sure you can take on the challenge, and that the route and the destination are feasible.
Along with this I would recommend letting life go on tangents. Do not worry about sticking to a particular schedule or plan. This is my personal view on life (I'm not trying to impose my views, just share them). Many of the stories in the Katz readings talk about where one idea failed, but produced an interesting bi-product or result. Relating this to life, I think people should let randomness and spontaneity impact their lives as much as current plans would (given that current plans do not hold significant importance for the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment